Sunday, June 12, 2011

Techshare: Screensharing.

Technological dinosaur that I am (not in size but in age), I used to use [ RealVNC ] for my remote desktop sorts of things.

Since the discovery of [ Teamviewer ], which is 100% free and full of awesome, it's all I use for logging in to my desktop from Germany (and elsewhere).

For tech support, there is little that beats this neat service called [ join.me ]- it's essentially no-hassle, zero-configuration remote desktop software. Easy enough for my less-than-technically-able friends to install, and even easier for me to log in.

What technology do you have to share?

2 comments:

  1. I can't believe I've never heard of Teamviewer before.

    Well, everything I have to share has been featured on this blog, so, not really.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Teamviewer is great, also Logmein Hamachi can be really handy.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive