Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Webcomics? I read a few.

I'm sure that there are plenty of webcomics of merit out there, but I'd like to give a shoutout to a few:

Questionable Content, [ http://questionablecontent.net/ ], is a story starring Marten Reed and a small community of semi-normal individuals who live in a universe not unlike our own, if you discount the walking, talking anthropomorphic robots. An interesting read, updated quite regularly.

XKCD, [ http://xkcd.com/ ], which is pretty much the nerdiest comic I've ever read. Science, mathematics, and funny or interesting things are all commonly posted on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday.

Dieselsweeties, [ http://dieselsweeties.com/ ], a comic full of pixelated folk and a few robots. There's also a furry dressed as a bear. Geeky jokes and references abound, interspersed with a healthy amount of hipster humour. Updated regularly.

Dr. McNinja, [ http://drmcninja.com/ ], is about a ninja that is also a doctor. His assistant, Judy, is a gorilla. He has a sidekick, Gordito, who rides raptors. He's a pretty cool guy and eh, doesn't afraid of anything. Updated Monday, Wednesday, and Friday.

What comics do y'all read?

10 comments:

  1. i dont read comics :S
    followed~
    yinniegirl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used to read alot of dbz comics....miss those carefree days.

    ReplyDelete
  3. XKCD has some nice comics!
    Followed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mcninja and XKCD are awesome. QC is kinda good buuut meh. I like Penny-Arcade and PVP.

    ReplyDelete
  5. XKCD is a must- brawlinthefamily is awesome too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. XKCD, Brawl in the Family, The Warehouse, Saturday Morning Breakfast Cereal.

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh QC. All I heard about it was that it was as boring as an autobiographical webcomic. I tried reading it but I just couldn't get into it. I'm neutral about it.

    But then, I read a comic that I wouldn't show to others, so there's that.

    As for diesel sweeties, I hate how it looks. There is no webcomic whose style I dislike more.

    I've read a lot, actually. The only ones I read regularly are sinfest, (which starts out kind of slow, and I disliked it the first time I tried reading it) xkcd, penny arcade, order of the stick, smbc, bitf, uh... actually a lot of them.

    As for unusual ones! Buttersafe and Amazing Superpowers are fantastic webcomics.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I enjoy Something Positive, Sinfest, and Erfworld. Though Erfworld drives me nuts with it's sporadic update schedule.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive