Monday, February 28, 2011

Important: Bonus Features and Soundcloud

An important read for anyone who is even remotely involved in application development: [ http://blogs.msdn.com/b/oldnewthing/archive/2006/11/01/922449.aspx ]

I am not fond of any application that does anything that I don't explicitly tell it to do, or software that causes unnecessary clutter. I do enough of that on my own, actually- and I routinely clean up my desktop as a result.

Just because I clean my desktop regularly does not mean I am okay with unnecessary features. I detest the installation of items in my taskbar or browser unless I specifically request them and install them myself- all of the installers that have the "We recommend _____ toolbar..." and have the option to install it automatically checked is deceiving and borderline malicious, in my opinion.

Enough ranting.

I'm no professional discjockey, but I put together some bass-heavy dubstep to listen to.

Dubstep Mashup Mixtape Eins by cleancutwellkept

What are your thoughts?

3 comments:

  1. That dubstep is actually nice

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice mix. And yes, those toolbars are deceitful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm right there with you, but sometimes it's worth really good free programs to just uncheck the box during installation.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive