Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Techshare: Kuler / Adobe

Adobe's the company responsible for the ubiquitous Creative Suite software bundles- I've had the good fortune to work with the packages at school but don't have access to quite the funds required to purchase such things given the budget that I have the good fortune of wielding.

Fortunately for design-minded folks like myself that also enjoy free stuff, Adobe's given the gift of kuler to everyone. It's one giant crowd-sourced swatch-generator, and it gives rise to plenty of ideas for designing neat things.

I like the template I'm using here, but I'm considering designing my own when I upgrade.

I have to learn CSS and PHP and JavaScript sometime; why not now?

It's amazing what folks can do with five solid colors. (Search zen on the kuler, for instance...)

Any graphic design resources you'd like to share?

3 comments:

  1. sounds like a deal to me! haha, looks like i found something to spend some of my free time

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you'll enjoy learning CSS, it's so ridiculously easy when you pick it up, it's hard to believe that most folks don't even know what it is.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Im techno impaired...

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive